Very soon every Kenyan will be required to register for Huduma Namba or else you won’t be able to get any government service.
The government has proposed a new law thatr aims to make Huduma Namba registration mandatory from December.
If the bill, proposed by Interior CS Fred Matiang’i is enacted, Kenyans will be restricted from registering their marriages, electricity connections to their homes and enrolling into a public educational facility if they are not listed under the National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS).
Some of the services that will NOT be accessed without Huduma card include;
- Be issued with a passport
- Apply for a driving license
- Register for a mobile number
- Register as a voter
- Pay taxes
- Transact in the financial markets
- Open a bank account
- Register a company or NGO
- Transfer or make land dealings
- Register for an electricity connection
- Access health care services
- Register a marriage
- Enroll in a public school
- Car registration
Huduma Namba registration will be mandatory for all Kenyans aged 6 and above as well as foreign nationals living in Kenya. Those who applied for their first Huduma number before age 18 will eb required to apply for an adult Huduma Namba once their turn 18.