An ongoing lawsuit filed by NRG at the Labour Relations court against their former breakfast show hosts, Kamene Goro and Andrew Kibe, has disclosed some of the advantages that the presenters were accorded.
In the filed documents, NRG cited four things that they did for the presenters during their stay at the company. Among them;
They noted that the two had been to Las Vegas in the US, during this year’s USA Rugby Sevens series, where they stayed for a period of two weeks.
Further, the court heard that the company branded and promoted the pair as on-air personalities, making them well aware of their business, products and marketing.
They also alleged to have invested in the duo by training them for eight months and using their images on billboard advertisements.
NRG told the court that they also helped the duo purchase the vehicles that they use.
The two are said to have violated a non-compete clause in their contracts because they did not leave the company under amicable circumstances nor did they follow the mandated protocol, having only handed in a three-day notice which was a clear violation of their employment contract.
The contract required them to refrain from working for a competing media house until three months had passed following the termination of their contracts.
Kamene and Kibe had joined Radio Africa Group and were expected to take over Kiss FM’s breakfast show from Monday, July 1, 2019.
However, the court gave a temporary order, barring the two from embarking on their new jobs.
“A temporary order of injunction is hereby granted restraining the duo from performing services for, carrying or being engaged or interested or concerned directly or indirectly or publicly identifying with the promotion of services by any other radio station within the Republic of Kenya or any business that competes with NRG,” Justice Hellen Wasila ruled.