Comedian and Presenter Felix Odiwuor popularly known as Jalang’o has disclosed that he is still contemplating the next move following his ouster from Mediamax Network Limited.
Jalang’o was among the journalists fired from Mediamax in their Sunday night retrenchment but claimed that he resigned following a lack of agreement on the terms of employment with the Human Resource manager.
Speaking on Tuesday, Jalang’o boasted that he has already received six lucrative job offers barely 24 hours after he left te media house.
The endeared emcee has over the last few months been one of the most sought after radio presenters having propelled his workstations to greater heights.
Jalang’o has previously worked for Kiss 100, Radio Maisha and Hot 96.
Having ventured into media, the Chief Executive Officer of Arena Media has told fans that he currently plans on focusing on his latest projects like the YouTube page “Bonga na Jalas” during his time off.
“I have received calls from six radio stations who want to hire my services. However, I will take a step back and see how progress develops. Right now I am focused on Arena Media and I am looking forward to driving it to further success. I also have my youTube channel which is growing. Digital is the next move and therein lies an opportunity to generate income, a lot of money,” – Comedian Jalang’o
Yesterday, the Kenya Union of Journalists (KUJ) faulted Mediamax Network Ltd CEO Ken Ngaruya for ordering for the firing of over 100 employees at night, through SMS’s.
In a statement, KUJ secretary-general Erick Oduor said that the move was a contravention of the law and unfair best practices that Labour and Employment Court has ruled against In similar cases brought before it in the past.
Oduor further said that Ngaruya had taken advantage of the Covid-19 situation to mistreat employees by slashing and withholding their salaries and added that the company should prepare for the mother of all legal battles.