A section of Kabarnet town residents is angry at a group of reckless locals who they accuse of turning an abandoned airstrip in the area into an illegal drinking den.
In the story which sparked reactions on social media, one woman interviewed by a local media house furiously protests against the patrons whom she says are not only putting the entire neighborhood at risk of the deadly Coronavirus but also exposing their young children to obscene indecencies.
“Hii ni uwanja ya ndege ama ni bar?”, she asks.
Their loud parties, another lamented, last long into the night, breaking the 7 p.m to 5 a.m curfew rules set out by the government and causing nearby settlers sleepless nights.
Young men in the area are also an unimpressed lot, expressing displeasure at how the revelers have been drawing local girls into their escapades.
Despite the laid out government guidelines which limit movement and gathering, some Kenyans have still been plotting sneaky methods of linking up with their friends for fun.
Others have also been recorded to take advantage of the reopening of restaurants and eateries to get wasted.
This popular trend seemed to greatly irk Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe who on Tuesday called out individuals who have been engaging in such.
“We have said in the past that we will escalate or deescalate measures in accordance with the behaviors that we observe. I just said earlier that this intervention was supposed to secure some form of livelihood for some people even as we observe the measures that we have taken,” Mr. Kagwe said.
Despite food joints having been opened up to the public, pubs and nightclubs remain closed down as a measure to contain the spread of COVID-19.